Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Draw Your Strength from Him

Ahhh. Just what I needed. I'm doing this great Bible Study called "Because of Jesus" by Connie Witter. It is awesome. Since I've been waking up sick this week, I wasn't as far along in the study as I should have been. But once again, God's timing is perfect. The title of today's study was, "Draw Your Strength from Him." Yeah, perfect for where I'm at today. When I opened the book and read the title I knew it was going to be just what I needed. I envisioned this fuel tank within me that was empty. It seems that no matter what I've tried to fill it with today, I can't. I realized that I need to fill it with God. He is the only good fuel for my soul. I'd been trying to fill it with updates on our adoption, encouraging emails, reading blogs, reading comments on my blog, and information on Haitian adoption in general. None of that is fuel for my soul, but when I'm expecting it to be that fuel, I'm deeply discouraged when it doesn't fill me. The ONLY fuel I need is God. I will walk through the rest of this day with Him as my fuel. And maybe, just maybe, I've learned a lesson today that will follow me all the days of my life.

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Good thots. Adoption is a long road, not for the faint of heart. I keep watching for those October pictures....

Anonymous said...

Hi Juli,
You are so right. We need to draw our strength from God. I had a long day...parent-teacher conferences after school. I was physically and mentally tired. On the way home, I said a little prayer and then played my new favorite Casting Crowns CD. (Of course, I belted out all the songs too. :) ) My mood changed as I communicated with my Savior. I became energized and happy! I felt safe in God's mighty hands.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.