Monday, October 01, 2007

Church

I realized recently that I haven't blogged a whole lot about the church campus we are starting. I blogged about our Tuesday night bar service, but I don't think I've said a whole lot about the campus Chuck and I are involved in.

I've been pretty vague about where we live and all, but I'm just gonna spill it and hope that no one comes to stalk me.

We attend Forefront Church in Virginia Beach (yes, that is in Virginia). Well, I should say we used to attend Forefront Church in Virginia Beach. I say that because yesterday we began attending Forefront Church in Chesapeake (also in VA, right next to Virginia Beach)!! Chuck and I are involved in one of the coolest things ever - our church is going to a multi-site model to reach more people, and yesterday we had our practice service for our new Chesapeake Campus. It was awesome. It was not perfect or flawless, but it was indeed awesome. Last summer Chuck accepted the job for the Campus Pastor role at this new campus, but didn't come on staff until May. For over a year, he and the staff of our church have been working diligently to get our Chesapeake Campus started. Our Chesapeake Campus is live everything except for the preaching. We have video of the same message being preached at our Virginia Beach Campus. As our staff worked out the filming for Chesapeake, the bar campus (AKA - Pembroke Campus) evolved.

I was nearly in tears as I looked around yesterday - just in awe of how God brought everything and everyone together. We had a full Children's Ministry, we had a rockin' band leading us in worship, we HAD CHURCH IN CHESAPEAKE!! I'm just so excited that it's finally here and that God has blessed it so much. I can remember last year in November when we had like 3 volunteers signed up for our Chesapeake Campus. We probably easily had 60 people volunteering in some capacity yesterday. It is just incredible to have watched this grow. And I can't wait to see what God has in store for us.

Please join us in praying that this Sunday - our opening Sunday - will be a day that completely honors and blesses God. Please pray that many lost people will come through our doors and find hope.

I'll be sure to let you know how our opening Sunday service goes. Feel free to check out our website in the meantime: www.forefront.org

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the practice went well...we are praying for your big launch!!

Anonymous said...

Give Chuck a hug and tell him how proud I am of him!
Love,
Mom

PS: Being proud of you is a given. :)

Anonymous said...

I am now going to start stalking you! Insert evil laugh.

Anonymous said...

Our church does that too in 3 locations. We love it! It seems odd when you think of watching preaching on a big screen, but it turns out to not be as odd as one imagines. :) How super cool for you and Chuck to be a part of this.
-Kim

Juli said...

Kim, you're right. It's not as weird as it sounds to watch the preacher. I almost like it better. I sit in the back row and I can see him better on the big screen than in person.