Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Battle Belongs to the Lord

I'm doing an awesome Bible study right now. It is so perfectly timed by God for my life.

Without going into a lot of detail, I was quite disappointed this weekend in regard to our adoption. Please, no inquiries via the comments. I will delete them. Email me privately instead at ittybitties@msn.com.

In my Bible study today I read 2 Chronicles 20:1-30. It's a wonderful story of God totally taking care of a situation that was totally out of control. I encourage you to read it. King Jehoshaphat and his people are about to get hosed by the enemy simply because the enemy is so much greater in numbers than they are. Ever feel like that? I sure have. So anyway, God speaks to them, and part of what He says in 20:17 is, "You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you."

After God tells them this, Jehoshaphat and his people worship God. And while they were singing praises, God defeated their enemy for them. Pretty cool, huh?

This really spoke to my heart in regard to our adoption. This battle is the Lord's battle. Rather than fight, I'm going to worship Him and take up my position, which is to keep my eyes on Him. I will stand firm, expecting deliverance. I will not be afraid. I will not be discouraged. I will face them tomorrow, whoever they are, and the Lord will be with me.

Now a word of warning to my enemy: You were better off when you were in battle against just little ole me. As of right now, you are battling against the Lord. I have given it to Him. Why don't you go ask Satan how well it will go for you. Whoever you are, wherever you are, you are up against the King of all Kings. I almost feel sorry for you, almost. My heart beats hard just typing this. The second grader in me wants to say, "You are in BIG trouble." As I sing praises to the Lord, He will be in battle against you on my behalf. You will not succeed in keeping our boys from us.

Go God!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you Juli.

Juli said...

Thanks, Courtney. And I love you, too. Too bad there is 12 hours between us. I wish we could have some coffee together and chat.

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!

Anonymous said...

I agree, more spiritual warfare!! God is on your side, and He is master of all things large and small.
Love,
Mom