Sunday, July 29, 2007

My Husband is Great

I don't say it enough. Chuck really is a great husband. He's loving, he's considerate, he loves kids, he cares about how people feel, he's great with people, he's good looking, he's tough, he's gentle, he is truly all that and a bag of chips.

If you've been reading the blog lately you know that my life has been consumed by painting. I painted myself sick on Wednesday. Yeah, I didn't know I needed to open the windows. Anyway, I've been dreading painting the office. Not because I don't want to paint it, but because it's a small room with way too much furniture. And also because I hate taping. Hate it. I'd rather get a migraine from paint fumes like I did on Wednesday than tape off a room.

This morning my wonderful husband woke me up to tell me that the office was taped off. That woke me up! I went to bed a little after 9 p.m. last night because parent bootcamp took a lot out of me. It took a lot out of Chuck, too, but he wanted to do something nice for me. So last night, after I went to bed, which is also about the time I asked him if there was anything he could do to stop coughing (yeah, I'm really sweet like that), he went in and moved all the furniture in the office and taped off all the baseboards and the closet framing. He was up until midnight doing it. Wait, it gets better. You see, we sat for about 11 hours yesterday in not-so-comfy chairs. Chuck's back doesn't agree with sitting for more than a few hours at a time. So his back hurt most of yesterday. Once his back is hurting the worst thing he can do is bend a bunch at the waist. It's kind of hard to tape off baseboards and not bend at the waist. In fact, I bet it's impossible. You try and let me know.

So now, I'm not dreading painting today. In fact, I'm kind of looking forward to it. Isn't Chuck great??!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That D.W., he's okay in my book!

Christi

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Juli he sounds like a great man! I can't wait to meet him someday!

Anonymous said...

Told you I was blessed to have 2 of the best son-in-laws on the planet!
Give Chuck a big hug and kiss for me and tell him I love him.

Love,
Mama

PS: What did you learn at bootcamp?? Am really interested!

Anonymous said...

yes


THE DEEJ

Kathy Cassel said...

You guys were awesome team leaders. We miss you!
Kathy, Jessica and Jasmine

Anonymous said...

Charlie, I knew you were AWESOME way before "the Mean one" did...LOL!

Love you!

Collette