Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's Just Not a Party...

until someone shows up. I tried to party alone on Monday and Tuesday, but it was lonely. Yesterday was much better, though. My friend Martha came over and she painted until I ran out of places to paint. (Yes, that is odd because I'm not done yet, but things needed to dry and others needed to be taped off still.) So, Martha, I publicly thank you for coming over and being my only painting party participant. It was so nice to get to talk to you. I sure hope that I can help you out when you are in need in the future.

Are you jealous that Martha got her own personal shout-out on the blog? Well, that could be you too if you come over today and help me paint. Nothing like a little bribery to get the work done. :)

Painting Update: The kitchen and living room and our room are done. The tape is kicking my butt in the kitchen, but I will win. The hallway needs one more coat of paint. Easy enough. I need to paint the pull down for the attic. I don't want to, but I will. The front door needs another coat of primer and then I will finish it with regular paint. The boys room doesn't need any paint because Chuck did that last fall. The office needs to be taped off and primed and painted. I'm not looking forward to that because the office is a small space with way too much furniture, including two huge bookcases. The window in there is done, so that is good. And after all that I will do touch ups. Me and the tape haven't had the best of luck, so touch ups are necessary. Oh, and the bathroom wainscoting needs one more coat of paint, but that is from an older project. Since the paint is out for the trim work I will finish that up. Chuck is responsible for all doors. I'm not sure where he's at with all of them, but I know that he still needs to completely paint our closet doors, our bedroom door, and the bifold closet doors in the hallway. He also has one more metal post of the porch. That is a lot to do for a guy with a job and an online class, but he's Chuck the Amazing and I know he will get it done.

I'll be painting today until 5 p.m. if anyone wants to join me. If you can't join me please pray that I get it all done. When I woke up this morning my whole body ached and begged me not to paint again. I can't paint the next two days because Chuck and I will be at a parenting bootcamp, so I'd really like to finish it all today.

Thanks for reading a really boring post. :)

No comments: