Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Great News, But...

This morning we received the email that we've been waiting nearly 8 weeks for. We have received Judgment, which means that our boys now carry our last name! They are ours in the eyes of Haiti! The "but" part of this is that our dossier (adoption paperwork) wasn't released. It is being held "for review" by the office that had it for the 15 weeks prior to the last 8 weeks. Hello, didn't they have 15 WEEKS to review it??

Chuck and I are cautious to celebrate this step because our paperwork is still stuck. I truly believe this is a spiritual battle. And we're ready to fight with prayers to our Father in Heaven. And we'd like to ask you to join us. Chuck and I plan to fast on Thursday over this situation. If you feel led to, we'd love for you to join us in this fast. We know that God honors fasting. If you want to fast, but can't not eat, I'd suggest fasting from something you really enjoy for the day - like sodas or music or TV. Please join us in crying out to our Father for our boys in Haiti. Please pray that our paperwork can be released from this step so that we can move on to the next steps. Please pray that we'd experience shorter timeframes in the remaining steps. Once we are released, the absolute shortest timeframe we have to bring our boys home is 4 months. If we were released tomorrow, that would have them coming home at the beginning of November. They turn two on November 9th and we want them home for their birthday. Bringing them home after that gets really expensive because we will have to purchase them airline seats once they are two.

Thanks in advance for your prayers. They are what makes the difference!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting out of the "Black Hole"!

I will fast Thursday for you guys.

Courtney
I somehow erased my first post :)

Juli said...

Courtney, thank you so much for fasting with and for us. It means so much!

Juli

Kathy Cassel said...

I think any progress is worth celebrating. I would so love to hear that about 30 of our kids get to go home in August. Doesn't look like it'll happen but I'm praying!

I hope to join this next trip with my whole family but we need three passport miracles and the money. Still, I am hopeful...

Juli said...

Kathy,
You're right - we SHOULD celebrate this progress. I think it's wonderful you want to bring your whole family to Haiti. Be cautious, though, with the passports. It's all over the news how long they are taking, even when expediting them. God can do anything, though, and if you all are supposed to go those passports will arrive on time.

Looking forward to seeing you with your twins! ~Juli

Anonymous said...

Juli,

I am happy to do it...

I know you have waited a LONG time for your boys. I admire your faith through all of it!

Anonymous said...

Juli,
I know you are reluctant to celebrate this news but I think that any positive news is reason to be joyous! I will be praying for you, as always.

Love, Amanda

Anonymous said...

Dear Juli,

I did not read your post until early Friday morning, but have decided to join in your fast in my own way.
Until my grandchildren are home safely, I am going to fast from my very favorite beverage in the world..coffee. There will be tons of prayers, of course.
All my love,
Mom

Juli said...

Wow, Mom. Thank you! Now everyone, please pray for my mom! She is going to go through some awful withdrawals! She drinks coffee ALL DAY long.

Love,
Juli