Thursday, July 12, 2007

Harder Than I Thought

Well, this new faith thing has been harder than I thought it would be. I'm still neurotic about checking my email for adoption process updates. My thinking is all jumbled whenever I think about our adoption, I think, because I'm afraid I'll slip back into practicality.

I did have a faith "win" this morning. My mom called to tell me that Target has 90% off on their 4th of July stuff, which includes some clothing. She was wanting to know if she could buy a bunch of clothes to donate to the orphanage. Usually I'd say yes because when we go to pick up the boys we won't be staying in Haiti (we will probably fly in and out on the same day) so we can take a ton of donations into Haiti and just leave it all there. Well, this morning I said, "If the boys come home in August we won't be able to take as many donations in because I have to pack a lot of stuff for the trip." Then we talked about how it would all work out - like if I would fly home with the boys by myself since Chuck won't be on the trip with me. The answer, in case you are wondering, is no way. Chuck would have to fly to Haiti and then fly home with us. He wouldn't miss that for the world!

I seem to do best when I'm kept REALLY busy. So hopefully I can stay really busy until I go to Haiti.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Juli, I figured out how all those t-shirts can get to Haiti. When Chuck comes, he can bring them. :)
One thing you can do to keep busy is to continue posting on a regular basis...We all look forward to your entries.
I think it would be neat to make a book of this blog for the boys.
You could copy and paste all the posts and comments into a document, and then bind it. Cool idea, huh! I was going to do it for you, but I think it would be better if you did it. That would keep you busy for a while!
Keep the faith, and keep walking on water with me!
I love you so very much. Can't wait to see you again.
Love,
Mom