Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bootcamp

Well, tomorrow morning Chuck and I are off to two full days of parenting bootcamp. We are excited and nervous all at once. On day one we will deal with our own crap. On day two we will learn how to deal with the crap our kids may have. The people who put this on have a ton of experience in dealing with kids who've been through trauma. And adoption is considered traumatic. So, we are ready to be challenged. We'd love your prayers, especially tomorrow. We paid a lot of money to attend this camp and we want to get as much out of it as we can. I'm hoping to come home tomorrow night with a lot less crap. :)

4 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Hope you learn loads and loads.

Anonymous said...

Getting rid of our crap is always diffciult. I will pray it goes well :) Sounds like a GREAT weekend. What an awesome thing to be able to learn all of this. I wish we had this opportunity before we adopted the first time.

Anonymous said...

Gee, I wish I had gone to Parent Bootcamp. I made so many mistakes. :( Am so thankful to God my babies turned into wonderful young women despite my numerous blunders.
What a wonderful opportunity!
May God bless you every moment you are there.
Love,
Mom

Juli said...

Thanks Everyone! And Courtney, everyone at the camp says the exact same thing about wishing they'd gone before they adopted. I think we are the only people there who don't yet have kids. Today they will discuss all the behaviors that many of the parents are encountering. I'm praying not to become scared today about how our boys might turn out.