Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Stuff

Okay, so I'm sorry that I STILL haven't posted any pictures. I'm not doing it tonight either. Sorry.

This morning I had to wake Tristan up at 7:10 to feed him. He had been sleeping since 10:50 p.m. and I wanted him to eat. That's right, folks, the boy slept more than 8 hours. In a row. Yes, Jesus loves me.

Tristan is quite the chunky little monkey. He is officially now wearing 3-6 month clothing. The sleepers weren't a fluke. I believe he has hit the 6 week growth spurt. He's been sleeping a little bit better during the day, but still refuses to sleep in his crib for long during the day. I just love getting to know him and see his personality emerge. He is soooo close to laughing. He is smiling more and more and we enjoy making those smiles happen. I cannot wait to hear him laugh. At the other end of the spectrum, his cry has gotten louder and more piercing. He likes to start it off with a high pitched scream that makes you want to jump out of your skin. I didn't think he could get any louder, but I was wrong. In the hospital I had one nurse tell me, "He cries like a big boy." Another nurse told me he may be the loudest baby they've ever had in the nursery. Good times.

The twins are doing well. Yesterday was a day of pushing boundaries and trying to make me crazy. It was one of those days of parenting that I'll probably never forget. I did not like them. I did not want to be a mom. I wondered what the heck we had gotten ourselves into. I thought of self destructive behaviors I could possibly indulge in. Monday night is our small group night and I knew that my long day was going to be longer than normal because Chuck would only be home for dinner. Midday Chuck texted me and told me that he wanted me to go to small group and that he'd stay home with the kids. I hadn't even shared how hard my day was. Isn't God cool like that? I feel 100 times better today. I shared with the group last night where I was at. They all assured me that they don't always like their kids, either. I know they are praying for us, and boy can I feel it. One guy said that our situation was like watching the news when hurricane Katrina was heading for New Orleans. He watched our story unfold, knowing it was utter craziness, yet God was allowing it. The group just really rallied around me last night and let me know they are there for me.

I had fun with the boys today. We played in their room while the baby slept in the swing in the living room. I layed down in Noah's bed and told them, "Mommy domi," which means Mommy sleep. They thought that was hilarous. They proceeded to jump on me. We had some good snuggles, too. A friend and her 2 and 3 year old daughters came over this morning. It was fun to watch the kids play and so good to have a friend here to hang out with.

Slowly we are getting used to this three kid thing. I'm still not feeling confident about going out of the house with all three on my own, but we are definitely getting some routine in place here in the house. I was telling my friends last night that EVERYTHING is different from how it used to be and I don't do change well. Furniture is moved around, there's baby equipment and toys everywhere, we did some remodeling in the bathroom, the place smells funky, we are using all kinds of air freshners which make my house smell different. Then add three little people to the mix. And have I mentioned the noise? The noise was what I was looking forward to the least. Pre-kids my house was silent when I was home alone. No TV, no music. Just quiet. Yeah, those days are gone. Don't get me wrong - I love it. I really do. We waited a long time for this. It's just a whole lot of change all at once and it had me pretty freaked out for a while.

Alright, I've rambled long enough and if I ramble any longer I won't get to watch any House, M.D. tonight. Chuck and I love House. Love it.

3 comments:

TJ said...

Know that you are loved and understood. I love your self-awareness. That, among so many other things, makes you an awesome mom.
Love y'all!
Terri

Anonymous said...

Naturally you would feel this way. I have these feelings and I have been a mom for almost 13 years.

Anonymous said...

Juli,

Unless people had been to your house for the before and after, NO ONE could guess how the noise level is completely the polar opposite of what it was.
Just before the baby was born while I was visiting, I could not believe how quiet your house was. It drove me crazy, lol!
Now your house is literally filled to the seams with noise, family, and love.
Enjoy!!

Love,
Mom