Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tristan Rocks

So, last night Mr. Tristan slept for just shy of 8 hours. He is only 5 1/2 weeks old! I guess he takes after his mommy in the sleeping department. That means I slept for 7 1/2 hours. I'm feeling great!

Tristan takes after his daddy in the eating department. The boy can put away some breastmilk! Last Tuesday he was up to 11 lbs already. When Chuck told one of our friends how much he weighs, she laughed and said that her son wasn't that size until he was 4 months old.

Noah and Samuel rock in the sleep department, too. Bedtime has become quite easy and they go right to sleep. They go to bed at 7 p.m. and don't usually wake up until sometime between 6 and 7. Naptime is not quite so good - they only sleep for an hour or so and they don't go to sleep right away. We had to pull toys out of their room so they wouldn't play through naptime. If they don't sleep at naptime, it makes for a whiney rest of the day.

In other news, I got out of the house last night ALONE. Chuck is super dad and let me go to our small group while he stayed home with all three kids. And when I left they were all awake. He managed bed time for the twins and fed the baby. He rocks, too!

I'm beginning to feel less freaked out about having three kids. I get most freaked out when I think about future times - like when Chuck is back to working at the office rather than from home. The truth is that I don't really need him here, I just feel better having him here in case I need him. I've realized I just need to stay in the moment or I will get totally overwhelmed. In order to do this, I have to pray a lot. Most of the time I feel very incompetent for the task God has given me, but I'm learning that I don't get to do this in my own strength because I just don't have that much strength. As I trust in and turn to God more, I feel more peace and serenity in this madness. I can be really hard on myself and wonder what my problem is since lots of people have 3 kids. But I have to remind myself that most people don't end up with two toddlers and a newborn in a matter of weeks. I'm learning to have a little grace with myself and I'm trying not to expect too much from myself in this transitional time.

Okay, gotta go, a poopy diaper is calling my name...

7 comments:

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Bet your friend's baby didn't sleep through the night at 5 weeks! Praise the Lord for bigger babies ~ they eat more and sleep more! Our son was 12 pounds at 6 weeks and sleeping 8 hours each night.

I've been a fan of your blog for some time. Congratualtions on being a mama three times over! God bless you and your amazing family!

Colleen

The RockStar said...

I am shielding my wife from your blog. Eight hours straight is a pipe dream over here at the Rockstar residence

Anonymous said...

Yay for sleep!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bet you are glad you have a big baby now! :)

Tristan rocks,
Samuel rocks,
Noah rocks,
Chuck rocks,
Juli rocks!
Thank you, Jesus for this wonderful rocking family of mine.

From the rocking grannie..

Love,
Mom :)

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a good little sleeper. I'm glad you got some kick butt sleep.

Christi

Rose Anne said...

Juli,
Isn't it amazing what a block of sleep will do?
Keep up all the good work because it really does get easier...
Almost 8 hours at 5 1/2 weeks - Wow!
I love my Handsome Haitian,it is the hardest and the most rewarding challenge that God has ever placed in my life and would not change a thing!!!
God Bless,
Rose Anne

T and T Livesay said...

holy cats -- I cannot believe what you have going all at once -- I am tired just thinking about it.

Kembe fem Juli!

t.