Friday, September 05, 2008

We Have Them!

We have the boys!!

We made it in and out of Haiti today without issue. The boys are doing great. Samuel was very sad to leave, but clung to Chuck as we entered the airport. He stayed in his arms until we got to the boarding area. Noah was fine, but had problems with his ears (we think) when we descended. He cried, but was okay shortly after we landed.

We have three sleeping boys right now. God is good!

Unfortunately we are still in Miami, though. Our flight home was cancelled due to weather. Tropical Storm Hanna is set to hit our area tomorrow. I'm not sure why American Airlines cancelled our flight today since the storm will not hit until tomorrow afternoon. We are rebooked to fly home tomorrow, but we'll be surprised if our flight isn't cancelled again.

At this point, I just want to be home. Visiting my Dad was fantastic, and we are so grateful that we were able to introduce him to his grandson so early in his life. That made Tuesday's cancelled flight all worth it. I'm sure God's got a plan in today's cancelled flight, but I'm just a little weary now. Traveling with 3 kids is tricky. We are so blessed to have our friend Terri with us. She has blessed us in so many ways on this trip and she is awesome with the kids. We have no idea what we are doing a lot of the time, and she just gracefully steps in.

There is so much more to write and so many pictures to share. Hopefully I'll be able to find time sometime soon to share it all.

Please pray that we can get home. We are ready to get settled into a routine of some sort and start our new life as a family of 5.

15 comments:

Jodie said...

Congratulations! And welcome to America Noah and Samuel!

Laura Lu said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praying you get home safely and soon!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you have them in your arms...how WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!! I am so glad to hear that all went well with your flights in and out of Haiti! It's a real answer to prayer!

I'll keep on praying that you get HOME tomorrow!!

Love,
N

Salzwedel Family said...

Praise God! The thought of you being with all three of them together just brings a smile to my face. God is good...all the time!

Anonymous said...

Oh Juli....I am crying tears of JOY. Praise God.
I have been praying all day.

Love you and I am SO happy they are with you!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! So happy for you! Praying for your journey home and all the new adventures, blessings, and challenges of your family all-together at last.

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!

Julie said...

How wonderful!!! Praying that you make it home today! Many Blessings!

Ginny said...

I hope you get home soon! It sure is raining up here! I can't wait to see pictures.

Heather said...

YAY!!! I've been waiting for this post!:) Can't wait to hear more and see pictures of the family all together at last!!!!

Mary said...

Praise God!! I have tears in my eyes just thinking about how you must me overwhelmed with emotions right now. Can't wait to see your pictures!

kayder1996 said...

Can't wait to see pictures.
Kayla

Bill and Christina said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I am so very happy for you! What an amazing feeling that must be!

Christina

Rose Anne said...

All I can say is THANK YOU DEAR LORD!!!!!
I am soo very happy for your family!
Praying that you will have a safe flight home and begin the lovely journey will your three little wonders....
God Bless,
Rose Anne

junglemama said...

Congrats! What awesome news!