Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Thank Yous

The love, support, generosity, and prayer that we've encountered over the last month has been just incredible. I honestly don't know how to describe what it has meant to us. We have never experienced this kind of compassionate love before. We thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts for how you've cared for and loved on us.

It is my goal to get real thank yous out, but we'll see about that. I barely have time to eat, so thank yous haven't really been at the top of the list these last few days. I thought it was hard to get things done with a newborn, but it's quite impossible to get things done with three kids under three. I vacuumed this morning (and I have mostly hardwood floors, so it wasn't a lot of vacuuming!) and that was a huge accomplishment for me. I know you all want to see pictures, and hopefully I can do that in the next post. I hate downloading my pictures and it takes some time, of which I have none. I just don't have the energy to do it yet, but I will soon.

There is one thank you, though, that can't get lost in the heap. Chuck and I are forever indebted to our dear friend Terri who came with us to care for Tristan. As you know, our flight into Haiti was cancelled and we had to wait an additional three days to go get the boys. Terri flew back to Miami so that she could be there for us, at her own expense. Then, she got stuck in Miami with us on Friday night when our flight home was cancelled. She ended up missing a party on Saturday night because of it. Her generosity, compassion, and utter selflessness while ministering to us was amazing. In getting to know Terri over the last few years, I'm blown away repeatedly by her life story and how she has chosen to walk the path God has given her. She has taken tragedy and turned it into helping others. She continues to seek to glorify God in all she does. In addition to all this, Terri and her husband are pursuing adoption and their path has been a rollercoaster ride to say the least. I ask those of you who pray to pray for them as they move foreward with pursuing the adoption of two siblings from Africa. Satan hates, hates, hates adoption (We are a testimony to that! Just look at Hurricane Hanna's storm path.), so please keep them in your prayers. They have definitely experienced the spiritual warfare of adoption.

Terri, we love you and we can't thank you enough for all you've done for us. We would have never made it without you. You are the best "nanny" ever! All three boys will always know you as Aunt Terri.

No comments: