Sunday, September 28, 2008

Got Brave Today

I was not planning to go to church today, but I decided that if I could get myself and all three boys ready by 9:15 we would go.

We went.

It was good. It was nice to see so many friends. I checked Tristan into the nursery and didn't even for a minute feel guilty for handing off my 6 week old son. I used to work in the nursery and I completely trust the people in there. They reported that he was such a good baby. I'm glad he was good for them. He did have a blowout and lost his pants over it.

Noah, Samuel, and I hung out in the lobby and then went into the auditorium for the music. I really thought they'd enjoy it since they dance and clap at home. Um, no. They didn't like how dark it was and how loud it was. They clung to me and we stayed super close to the doors. I finally gave up and went back out to the lobby. After changing their diapers we went to the 2 year old class. I stayed in there with them. We got there in time to have snack - which they loved. Then they played with some home made rattles. I think there was some kind of music theme to the lesson, which we missed. We left a little early and Samuel wasn't happy to leave. He wanted to keep playing with the rattle. As we were walking out, with Samuel on the verge of a meltdown, the teacher came out and gave them each a rattle. They were thrilled. I was too because it solved the meltdown problem. By 5 p.m. I was no longer thrilled. They shook those things all. day. long. They are now hidden in the office and will only come out once I can handle the noise again.

The tricky thing is getting them all loaded in and out of the van. I think I have a system down now. I carried the baby in the Baby Bjorn and held the boys' hands. Our diaper bag is a backpack and I'm glad we chose that style. I feel rather empowered now that I know I can get out and about with all three of them like I did today. Not that I want to do that all the time, but at least I now know I'm not trapped in this house. While I love experiencing this age with Tristan, I'm really looking forward to when he is a little bit bigger. He just still seems so fragile to be going out and about with two big brothers in tow.

Chuck worked on the bathroom for much of the weekend and I'm looking forward to posting some pictures. Yeah, pictures that I still need to download. Sorry about that...

Okay, that's all for now. It is getting late and I still need to watch an episode of House, M.D.

2 comments:

Kathy C. said...

I'm always happy when the kids get to the age that they can walk to the car and climb into their own carseat!

Maybe the rattles are meant to be "outside toys." At our house all whistles are outside toys and if you use it inside, it goes to time out on top the fridge.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to get out a bit. It will get easier and easier.