Monday, July 14, 2008

Update

I haven't posted in a while, so I guess I'm due for an update on the ole blog.My carpal tunnel has gone from bad to miserable. There were a few ways I could move my arm before to make the pain stop, and now nothing works. When it hurts it just hurts and it hurts BAD . It usually does this sometime between 3:30 and 5:30 a.m. No fun. On Friday I asked my doctor if she could recommend anything to ease the pain and she said, "Have a baby." Cool. I'll get right on that.Most women complain of not being able to sleep in the last month of pregnancy because of how uncomfortable their whole body is. I would have absolutely NO problem sleeping if it wasn't for this carpal tunnel crap. Yes, I'd be up to pee every hour, but I'd go back to sleep.At my Dr. visit Friday, after measuring my belly, the doctor said, "It's safe to say you'll have a fairly decent size baby." I was really hoping for a small baby. Like in the 6-7 lb range. This Wednesday marks the 37 week mark, which is when a baby is considered full term (don't pay attention to my Baby Gaga counter - it doesn't register that we are in a leap year). On Wednesday I plan to go to my friend's house and jump on her trampoline. A nurse at church told me she did this during her first pregnancy and delivered a week after jumping on a trampoline AND three weeks early. I'm all about having this baby well before the due date. I've decided that God makes the last month of pregnancy so miserable that you don't care what you have to go through to stop being pregnant. I'm there. Maybe I wouldn't feel this way if it wasn't so hot, but it's July. And I live in the South. And I don't like to sweat.That's all for now. I go to the Dr. again on Friday. I'm assuming they'll do a pelvic exam and I'm hoping to hear I'm at least a cm or 2 dilated. That would be great news.

No comments: