Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Feeling a Little Better

I'm feeling a little better. The stuffiness and coughing aren't gone, but I feel like they have lessened. My sister in law emailed me and told me that if I have a fever I need to get on some antibiotics. I'm happy to report that I have no fever. I'm not happy to report that my back pain has gone from bad to worse. What scares me the most is that it is right in the middle of my back which makes me wonder if the baby is facing the wrong way. I'm okay if I sit or lay down, but walking is a real challenge. Sometimes I can't walk without holding on to something for support. Not good. I swore I wouldn't waddle, but waddling is my only option at times.I officially feel as big as a house and have this feeling of not knowing what to do with myself. I can't remember anything unless I write it down, so I'll get up to do something and then wonder what it was I was going to do. I'm also trying to drink a gallon of water a day so I pretty much live in the bathroom. When we did our tour of the hospital the labor and delivery nurse told us that drinking that much water really makes a difference during labor. She didn't say what kind of difference it would make, but I'm guessing it's a good thing. If you've never done it before, I challenge you to drink a gallon of water. It is not easy and you'll need to start early. You have to be real intentional about drinking throughout the day if you're really going to drink that much water.Yesterday a few friends came over. One of them scrubbed my bathrooms and dusted my bedroom (we have cats and hardwood floors, so it was a yucky job) while the other one occupied her kids. It was SUCH A BLESSING. I cannot clean my bathrooms at this point and they were getting yucky. Plus, this friend used to clean houses for a living so she does a phenominal job. She spent more time in my bathrooms cleaning them in one day than I probably have the entire time we've lived in this house. God is good to us and just continues to take care of our every need.I'm scheduled to go to the doctor on Friday, but I would love love love to go into labor before then. I'm sure we will have the induction talk again if I don't go into labor before then. I DO NOT want to be induced, so please join me in praying that my body does what it's supposed to do before the doctors lose patience with me. Thanks!

No comments: