Friday, July 25, 2008

I-600 Approved

I called Haiti just a little while ago and confirmed that our passports were presented and our I-600 file was approved. The I-600 is also known as the "orphan investigation." It's expensive paperwork that is used to determine that we are adopting orphans. The US is very particular about the definition of an orphan, so this paperwork is a big deal for the US side of things.

Next is visas. I'm not clear on what exactly needs to happen leading up to the visas being issued. I've emailed our adoption coordinator asking for clarification, so I'll post what I learn when I learn it.

We are pumped. We are literally at the VERY LAST STEP in this very long adoption process. We couldn't be happier!

Please continue to pray with us that our visas are issued before our fingerprints expire on 8/23.

4 comments:

Terry said...

Juli, I know that you've waited so long for this. I can't wait to celebrate with you when the twins come home :-) Terry

Anonymous said...

PRAYING, PRAYING, PRAYING!

Love,
Mom

kayder1996 said...

So close, so close! Can't wait to hear the next big news of "WE HAVE VISAS!"
Kayla

Salzwedel Family said...

Praise the Lord! I'll be praying for your visas are in hand soon. These boys WILL be delivered before 8/23...God knows your need.