Friday, July 25, 2008

Today's Appointment

Well, we had an appointment this morning and here's what we learned:
We had an ultrasound to be sure the baby is head down. He is. He has a big head.
In fact, the whole baby is big. Like at least 8 lbs big. I'm not excited about that.
I have not dilated any more. In fact this doctor called it a half a centimeter. I'm not excited about that either.
They recommend induction next week if I don't go into labor on my own. I'm not excited about that.
We discussed that induction can lead to c-section. Trying to deliver a great big baby can also lead to c-section. I don't want a c-section so I asked what she though would lead to c-section more - trying to deliver a big baby (as in waiting and not inducing and possibly going 40 weeks) or being induced. She said the statistics at this point would be about the same.
I was told to walk a lot and have sex a lot. I asked about castor oil and she gave me the go ahead but said it would make me feel bad. Since I'm already feeling miserable, I'll just add to it with some castor oil. After the appointment we went to Walmart and the mall and walked a ton. We also bought a new homecoming outfit for the baby since he will probably be too big for newborn clothes (which is what the first homecoming outfit is). Walking wouldn't be so bad if every. single. step. didn't hurt so much. I'm having bad sciatic nerve pain with every step. We still need to hit a health food store for the castor oil.
That's it for now.

No comments: