Friday, September 14, 2007

Update

Thanks, everyone, for the comments on the last post. Here's an update: We accepted the offer on our home. So, we have about 5 weeks before they want to close. We also made an offer on the townhome - an offer of their asking price, plus the amount of closing they said they'd give. And they counter-offered. It's insane! They asked our agent for demographic info on us (I didn't even know that was legal!) and he gave it to them. They want us to agree to lease the house for 6 months in the event that our financing doesn't come through. Apparently they have had two offers fall apart due to financing. We are not going to accept their counter-offer and we are not going to counter-offer back. When we got really honest with ourselves we both admitted we weren't super excited about the place anyway. It would work and it is in the city we want to be in, but we don't think it's the home God has for us.

So, we need to find something, after all we need to be out of our house in 5 weeks. Chuck got the call about the offer while I was gone this morning. When he couldn't reach me by phone he went to grab his laptop to start looking for homes. He really sensed God saying to him, "You don't need to do that. It's not going to help." So, he didn't get his laptop out. I'm really proud of him for that. I'm sure I would have been online in an instant.

When I called him back we talked about the counter-offer and vented our frustrations together. I told him of two properties in the original area we wanted to be in that are on the small side, and we decided we'd not do anything with the offer and start looking for another house. I asked Chuck if he wanted to meet me in the area of those homes so we could drive by them together, and he decided not to. On my way home I decided to drive by on my own. The first house I looked at looked a little rough from outside, so I went to the next one. It had a sold sign on it. I was bummed. I got in my car, turned my head, and noticed that the house right across the street is for sale by owner. They had an information tube, so I went and grabbed a flier. The owner came outside while I was looking at the flier and I spoke with him briefly. Chuck and I are going to look at it in an hour or so. If we like the inside as much as we like the outside, I'll blog about it later. So, that's the scoop. We don't know if this house is the one, but we know the townhome isn't it. Since we accepted an offer on this house, God is going to have to help us find something soon!

No comments: