Saturday, September 22, 2007

About the House

I just sent an email to my friend Kelly, telling her a little bit about the house, and realized I should share some details here. Earlier this week Kelly reminded me that when the original house we fell in love with became unavailable I told her that obviously God had something better in store for us. I had lost sight of that. I told Kelly that there was no way God could give us something better than that in our price range because that sold for more than what we are willing to spend. I should have known better. Not only is the new place better than that one, it's also in a better school district. I'm sorry I doubted God and Kelly.

Anyway, the house is 1300 sq ft, which for us is exactly 220 more sq ft than we currently have. It also has an attached one car garage and an attached screened in porch. I LOVE a screened porch, especially in a city where the mosquitoes seriously wage war against the residents.

It has 3 good size bedrooms, and the master bedroom has a bathroom with a stand up shower off of it. It has lots of closet space. The living room is huge with a vaulted ceiling (which Chuck loves). The dining area isn't a separate room, rather it's off of the living room and kitchen. There is this bonus area off of the dining area that will work as an office for us. The kitchen is vintage 1957. The only things that are maybe newer is the linoleum flooring and the countertops. The rest is all original, but pristine. It has a very retro look about it. There is currently no dishwasher, but that will change, I promise. My Dad and Chuck spent some qualitiy time nearly 3 years ago putting in a difficult dishwasher. Hopefully this one will be easier. The cupboard space isn't great, but it's probably better than what I have here. I will definitely buy a storage cupboard for in the garage for a lot of my smaller appliances. The street is a cul de sac, although the house isn't in the the cul de sac. Our current home is on a very busy cut through road. We are sooooo looking forward to a street with less traffic.

Our home inspection is Tuesday, so I'll let you know how that goes. I'm so excited. If things work out we will close on both houses on my birthday. The people buying this house want to get in sooner, but we just can't move before the 18th.

That's all for now.

7 comments:

Janie - VB Scapbook Retreats said...

Juli ~
We are so excited that God is moving in so many ways for you! You were heavily on my thoughts and prayers this week and I'm glad to see you guys have so many good reports! We're especially delighted that you are out of Parquet, especially with the threats of "lost" paperwork. Do you anticipate that the other steps will move more quickly now that you have this initial movement? Is this better discused via email? If so, and you have time, my new email address is janiecrouch@cox.net . If you have no time, I totally understand and will see you soon.

So excited! Yippee!!!!
Love you,
Janie

Anonymous said...

Yea! God is good!

Anonymous said...

Juli,

What a difference a day makes...or a few hours for that matter! I checked your blog at lunch time and then I wake up and there are TH
REE more blogs all with awesome news! I am so happy for you!

Love,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

My heart is overflowing with joy for you guys. I know things have been crazy lately but it's all coming together now.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love ya,
Dana

Kathy Cassel said...

Pictures?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, pictures would rock!
I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to see the new crib!

Love,
Christi

Anonymous said...

Plan on your mama coming to visit very soon!

Love,
Mom