Wednesday, August 01, 2007

For Sale

Well, the house is officially for sale; the sign is in the yard. My house has never been more clean! I'm still working on getting the closets super organized and I have a list of other small things to do, but for the most part we are done!

I'm beginning to think that the house we are interested in is no longer available. I called the owner last night and emailed today and have had no response. I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed. But, I do have a good attitude about it for two reasons. 1) Maybe that house was the thing that got us moving. Well, it was. I would have never worked so hard to get our house ready to sell if I didn't have something dangling in front of my face. I am lazy at my core, so that house got me moving. I can liken this to our adoption. If you've ever read our super long adoption story (look at me hyperlinking like a pro!), you've read about Jabez. Jabez is the reason we began to pursue adoption. We had talked about adoption, but then I met Jabez, and then that talking turned into movement. Initially we were trying to adopt him. So, he led us to our boys. He was the thing that got us moving. 2) God always gives me so much better or more than what I want. Always. Take our adoption for example. We wanted a baby. God gave us two. This pattern has repeated itself over and over again in my life. God is just like that. My thinking tells me that I must have this one particular house, that it is perfect. But God has something better for us if this is not the one. And better than perfect would be awesome!

So now we wait and pray. In the words of a dear old lady who is very close to entering Heaven, "Thy will, not mine, be done. Amen."

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I went back and read your adoption story. You didn't warn me I'd need tissues... Then of course I had to go through and read your other posts (instead of working on my book proposal : ) ) Oh well, I can work tomorrow.

I got an e-mail from the passport office that Tyler's passport was mailed to us today. Yipee. Let's hope that mail moves right along. His is the last one. Well, Jessica is in Ottawa on a mission trip now so let's hope she brings hers safely home with her.

Look forward to seeing you again in Haiti. Maybe our twins will play together again. I'm bringing a blow up pool. I'm mostly packed. Just not sure how to fit it all in the SUV. Guess we'll have to use a car top carrier for the drive to Miami.

Guess this is long but I'm getting excited about seeing our twins again. And having our whole family there.

Juli said...

I can't wait to see you either! Yippee on the passport!