Saturday, August 11, 2007

Stuck

I got some news about our adoption this morning. Yesterday I emailed our Director and Adoption Coordinator asking for an explanation of why our paperwork hasn't moved on to the next step. I wasn't doing so in an accusatory manner, rather I just needed to understand what was happening and why we weren't moving on.

I learned that our dossier (adoption paperwork) is stuck. We have all the proper approval, but for some reason it's stuck with other dossiers waiting for approval in the Parquet office. Our Director spoke with a Parquet attorney about our dossier and explained that we already have approval.

Please join us in praying that it will be released next week. We have some very expensive immigration paperwork that expires next month and we really don't want to have to refile it. Plus our boys just need to come home. It's been long enough. Too long.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying, praying, praying.

L,
Courtney

Kathy Cassel said...

Yikes! I forgot about having to refile the I600a. Let's hope all the paperwork moves! I think I might have filed mine too early!

Major Mom said...

Praying for those little ones to get home, quickly. I read somewhere that CIS is allowing re-fingerprinting for free.

Juli said...

Thanks, ladies. Yes, CIS does allow one free re-fingerprinting. We learned that after we paid to have them redone! The I600A expires after 18 months (the fingerprints are only good for 12) and next month is 18 months for us. I can't believe it's been that long.

Anonymous said...

I read that Gassant's office is releasing papers, but it looks like they are starting from the top of the stack! Some have been released at one orphanage in as little as 3 or 4 days, while others at the same orphange have waited and are still waiting for months. Hope someone relalizes that they need to go to the bottom of the stack.
Love,
Mama

Natalie said...

Juli,

My heart aches for you and all of the families who are stuck. Praying that God will uphold you.

Love,
Natalie

Juli said...

Thanks, Natalie!