Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Bad News, Good News

The bad news is that last night Chuck noticed that the rug in front of the dishwasher was soaked. Not good. Luckily it wasn't the dishwasher. It was the refrigerator. Not good. On Friday we had the ice maker repaired. When I pushed the fridge back in place I had a thought about the water line and wondered if I could hurt it when pushing the fridge in. We learned last night that, yes, you can hurt the water line. I guess I put a very small hole in it. So, for 4 1/2 days there has been water leaking under the fridge and dishwasher. We don't know the extent of the damage because Chuck hasn't been under the house yet. We are praying it's not serious. Replacing the floor in that area isn't something we really want to have to do.

This morning I woke up thinking that today would not be a good day to show the house. The rug is all pulled up (it's an 8 x 10 rug) in front of the dishwasher so that it can dry out. We have company coming over at 7 for dessert, and it's going to be a killer hot day and our house doesn't stay super cool on killer hot days because the air conditioner is made for a slightly smaller house (we are 1080 sq ft and it's made for 1000).

The good news is that I had to laugh when our real estate agent called this morning to tell me that someone wants to look at the house this evening! The rug can dry out and be put back by then, dessert will be pushed back to accomodate the showing at 6:40, and I'm praying that the air conditioner keeps up. I shaded it with our patio table umbrella, which helps.

If you think of us between 6:30 and 7 tonight, please pray for God's will in the showing of our home. This is the first one, and the market has slowed around here, so it would be a total blessing if this is the person to buy it.

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Hope it all went well!

Juli said...

Thanks, Kathy!