Friday, August 10, 2007

No News

I've had a lot of questions about the showings on Wednesday, so I thought I'd give an update. We haven't heard anything. Our agent is out of town this week, but he is available by phone (he scheduled our Wednesday showings while out of town). I'm thinking he'd know it and call us if someone made an offer. But maybe I'm wrong. We know that the first showing happened because they got here 15 minutes early; just as we were walking out the door. The cool thing about them is that they had a baby with them. The boys' room is painted like a nursery and it breaks Chuck's heart that all the blood, sweat, and tears that he put into it might be wasted. He really wants a family with a baby to move in.

We have a few "maybe" houses that we may look at on Sunday. We were looking all over the "desired city," but now we've decided there are only a few areas we want to be in that city. It all has to do with major waterways. Traffic around here is awful, mainly because of all the draw bridges and tunnels (and the fact that this is an overpoplulated area). We've decided that we want to be on the other side of the major waterways than we currently are. That really limits where we can live in that city and we must be within that city. We've also altered our house criteria. We went from at least 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths to 3 bedrooms 1 bath IF AND ONLY IF the home is at least 1200 sq ft and has the potential to add at least a 1/2 bath (see, I'm not asking for a great big house). If I've learned anything living in our current house for the last 3 years it's that 2 toilets are far better than one. I've also learned that houses and appliances break and you better be prepared for that, but the two toilet thing is a big deal to me. We have friends who have 3.5 baths in their great big condo and I always get bathroom envy while I'm there. It's not the 3 stories or the great loft or the big screen tv that causes me to sin, it's the bathrooms that drive my envy.

So, that's what's new in the house department. I won't blog again until I have news either on the house situation or the adoption.

No comments: