Friday, August 03, 2007

It's Gone

The house, that is. Not ours, but the one we fell in love with. Wednesday morning I gave it to God and last night the owners confirmed that they accepted another contract. Bummer! My heart is a little broken over it. But, as Chuck reminded me, God has never let us down. I don't know how He's going to do it, but I believe He's got something better planned for us. I would just like to know what it is. Now. :)

Now on to other news. Tomorrow we are going to the outlet mall to hopefully get Chuck a pair of Vans. He's been out of the Coast Guard a few months and has pretty much exclusively worn sandals. His feet are killing him. We tossed around the idea of getting him some tennis shoes, but he looks weird in tennis shoes. It's really awkward to look at. We've tried. So, after much thought and prayer, Chuck has determined that Vans are the shoes for him. We are hoping for mad sales.

No one has looked at our house yet. That bums me out a bit. But, tomorrow is Saturday so maybe some people will look this weekend. We've been looking at houses online. We found one that we really like, but it's a condo and we aren't down with condo fees. There are about 6 houses we'd like to look at, but none of them are really screaming, "I'm the one!" Maybe the house God has for us isn't for sale yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at your comments about Chuck not being able to wear tennis shoes. He probably doesn't find it that funny, though! But I am that way with hats. I have yet to find a hat that doesn't make me look like a total goof. And it's not just me being insecure; my husband can back me up on it.

Sorry about the house, but yes, I'm sure something even better with come along! (How about something with 2 tire swings already hanging in the back yard? That'd be a great sign!)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about this...

I will pray God brings you just the right one.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about the house God has chosen for you. I know it will be perfect for all of you.
Am glad God motivated you to get your house on the market...

Love,
Mom

PS: Have been having fun shopping. Got the boys lots of clothes and toys. I have such a good feeling in my soul that they will be coming home soon.

Kathy Cassel said...

I hope your mom is right that they will be coming home soon! You've waiting long enough. And now you have to get a room ready for them in a new house....

Anonymous said...

So what happened with the SHOES? LOL!

Hugs,
Collette