Thursday, March 01, 2007

We're Going to Haiti in May

Yup, we are going to Haiti on a mission trip. We leave on May 27 and we'll either return on May 31st or July 7th - hopefully, prayerfully, God willing, with our boys. We'll see. We've confirmed with FHG that we will go to Haiti May 27-31. We are waiting for the Coast Guard to approve Chuck's trip. If they say he can be in Haiti longer, we will stay until June 7th. It's nearly 3 months away, but I'm totally looking forward to it.

You're probably wondering what happens if our boys come home before that. Honestly, with the way things are moving in Haiti, I don't think this will happen. But, if it does, we will change our flights and go get the boys and we will not go on the mission trip.

So, with all that said, I AM SO EXCITED. I can't wait. For anyone who wants to donate items to the orphanage, we (as in Chuck and I) are only asking for donations of formula or money to buy formula. If you'd like to purchase formula, the type needed is the Walmart brand, Parent's Choice, Soy with Lipids and DHA and ARA. Sorry to be so specific, but this is what the babies are used to and when you change formula on a baby it's not pretty (I know this because I did it in July!). Formula is the item needed the most at the orphanage, so Chuck and I would like to concentrate on this one item.

It's so ironic to think that 3 years ago the word Haiti was a bad word in our house and today there's no place I'd rather be. If God told us to pack up and move to Haiti, I'd be so excited. So far He hasn't.

No comments: