Friday, March 23, 2007

Mission Trip Fundraiser

In 64 days, Chuck and I will be leaving for our mission trip to Haiti (we will actually see the boys in 65 days). Here are some of the construction projects that our team hopes to accomplish when we are there:

Building a chapel/lunch room ($2500)
Building some rooms in the front of the property ($2500)
Building benches for the birth parents ($300)
Painting ($300)
Installing tile ($50, tile already purchased)
Possibly installing windows ($?)
Organizing the office/nursery rooms ($0)
Possibly building some triple bunk beds ($?)

One of the adoptive families purchased a bunch of silicone bracelets for our mission team to sell as a fundraiser for the above projects. The bracelets come in a variety of colors and in adult and youth sizes. They read: Every child needs a home ... Celebrate ADOPTION!! We are selling these bracelets for $3 a piece and I'll have them with me at all times. If you'd like one and you won't see me anytime soon, I'd be happy to mail one to you. Just email me at ittybitties@msn.com and I'll send you one. Thank you in advance to all who help us out!

No comments: