Wednesday, March 21, 2007

67 Days and an Update

We are down to just our fingers when counting the weeks until we will be in Haiti!

Yesterday I emailed the Director of our orphanage to find out if the boys are still in the baby room or in with the toddlers. Here's what I learned:

They are still in the baby room. We have two baby rooms one for the little ones and the second for the bigger ones. They are in the second. They are walking and running. Elie has 8 teeth and Elisee 10.

So, our boys are officially 'big babies' and they walk and run. I pray nearly every day for their physical development, so the fact that they are walking is a complete answer to prayer. But, the sappy mom in me has missed another milestone in their life. Please God, bring them home soon!

There has always been a little confusion about who is who with our boys. Some of the staff call them one thing, and others call them the opposite. We've gone with what their primary nanny calls them. Noah is Elie and Samuel is Elisee. However, in the update about teeth above I'm certain that they are backward. So, Noah Elie has 10 teeth and Samuel Elisee has 8 teeth. I know this from their pictures. And in case I haven't posted before, we are keeping their Haitian names as middle names.

And when I wake up it will be 66 days!

No comments: