Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hi From Haiti

Wow, time flies when you have twins! I'm sorry it's been 3 days since my last post. First, I want to thank everyone leaving comments. I don't have the time to answer them individually, but I have enjoyed reading them and I thank you all for your prayers.

Friday we worked at the orphanage and then brought the boys back to the hotel with us. Chuck has been placed in a leadership position with our team (are you surprised? I'm not!) that has pulled him away in many directions over the course of the last week. I ended up crying my eyes out Friday night about it because I felt like he wasn't getting time with the boys and I was overloaded with trying to lug two BIG boys up stairs for meals when Chuck was out doing team stuff. Plus, they wanted nothing to do with him if I was nearby. So, Saturday we stayed back at the hotel all day and hung out as a family. It was wonderful and Chuck got lots of good bonding time with the boys. We rested and played and just had fun. Today we went back to work at the orphanage. Chuck got the wonderful idea that he wanted to minister to the nannies and staff by washing their feet. So that's what he did today. It was incredible to watch. I'm just so proud of him. His back is sore, so please pray that he wakes up tomorrow rested. Speaking of tomorrow - we are again going to try to get to the Embassy to file some paperwork. A lot has to come together tomorrow for us to get there, so please pray that we can file that paperwork if it's God's will. Time on this trip is starting to run out and we really want to file this paperwork here in Haiti rather than in the US.

Finally, please continue to pray for Pierre. God knows his situation and tomorrow is supposed to be a good day for him. Please pray that it is.

We continue to be safe on this trip. God has been good to us. There is a lot of police and UN presence. We also have a number of ex military people with us who remain on guard.

I'm sorry I don't have pictures to post tonight. I forgot the camera in our room. It may not be until we're home that I'm able to post more pictures.

Thanks for all your love and prayers. I don't know how we are going to leave this country on Thursday without our boys. I just can't picture life without them.

We'll post again as soon as we can. Love, Chuck and Juli

3 comments:

suzy said...

Hi kiddo's;

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date. You know what? It doesn't surprise me a bit about Chuck. That young man of ours has a bigger heart for people and God than anyone could ever imagine. We are really glad you are getting good twin time! We'll talk more soon, all our love and prayers are with you,

Dad & Mom C.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how busy you guys have been. I'm praying that all comes together today so you can get to the embassy and file your paperwork.

Looking forward to seeing you guys and hearing about everything in person.

Take care and God Bless you all,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
We're so excited to read about all the amazing things going on down there! What a blessing the boys are so happy and healthy (can hardly believe how much they've grown). The best thing was seeing the HUGE GRIN on Juli's face in the family pic. I don't think I've ever seen you with a happier look on your face. May God bless the rest of your trip--know we're praying for you.
Love, The Brown's