Friday, June 08, 2007

We are Home

We are home after traveling for over 24 hours. Somehow we missed our flight home last night even though we were right in the waiting area. So, we flew to Dallas, slept on the floor for 5 hours and got home today at 10:40 a.m. I will be contacting American Airlines to see if they would like to make things up to us. If not, we will be flying Spirit Airlines into Haiti from now on.

I've done nearly all our laundry and I have almost everything put away. Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend to go through the pictures and get more posted.

Saying goodbye is so hard. We opted this time for the drop and run method. The last two times we've taken pictures and cried. Not this time. We handed them to the nannies and left the room to sob.

Thank you for all your prayers. It was quite an eventful trip and we are very thankful to be home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you both are enjoying some well deserved rest. Sounds like quite the difficult trip.
I felt so bad that you had to go through the rough saying goodbye. It is consoling that never again will that happen.
The next trip will be joyfyul, joyful, joyful!
All my love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Ok, Juli....time to post those pics! :)

Love,
Mama

Anonymous said...

I just know it will be soon. :)

Love,
Mama