Monday, June 18, 2007

Thoughts as I Wait

I believe in the power of prayer. I don't think God needs us to pray. But He wants us to pray. He knows all about what's going on before I ask. And He can act on things without me ever asking and sometimes, actually a lot of times, He does. But I really think at least a part of why He wants us to bring everything to Him in prayer is because He wants to be involved in every single part of our lives. And He is, but if we aren't asking Him to be a part of every single thing, we slip into forgetting that He's there. At least I do.

God knows all about our adoption. He knows more than anyone else. He knows that we spent an obscene amount of time in the Prosecutor's office and He allowed it. He considered it and He allowed it. He knows we are waiting to hear that we have Judgement and that the boys now have our last name. He knows we've been waiting 6 weeks to hear that. He also knows that I know that this is supposedly a 2-4 week step. God is in control of ALL things. Even when it doesn't seem like anyone is in control. God is in control. And sometimes He allows things that seem unfair to happen. But God deeply considers these things before He allows them. And He decided that the GOOD that He can do through and because of them is worth the grief of them. I believe that with all my heart. Our God is in control and is so completely good.

Do you know what else God knows? He knows the exact moment we will get Judgement. He also knows and looks forward to the moment that I'll open the email that says we have Judgment and have moved on to the next step. God can't wait to see my face as I open that email.

He also knows the exact day the boys will come home. I can wish and hope and pray, but God knows. And He's considered the wait. He considered it and came to the conclusion that He could do more good than Satan can do bad with our wait. Our God is an amazing God.

We were at the home of some old friends yesterday and our friend asked his 4 year old son what Jesus does. Colin quickly said, "He turns the bad guys into good guys." Yes, our God turns the bad guys into good guys. Our finite minds would have our super hero God overcome the bad guys. But no, our amazing God turns the bad guys into good guys. One bad guy at a time. He rejoiced the day he turned this bad guy (or gal) into a good guy. He rejoices for each bad guy turned good. And the angels in Heaven have a party on our behalf. Yes, our God is indeed amazing.

I have a choice as I wait for our boys to come home. I can wallow in self pity as I wait or I can get angry or I can decide God forgot about our adoption. Or I can praise the God who created those boys. The God who considers deeply the things that happen to us. The God who turns the bad guys into good guys. I don't always choose right, but today I choose to sing love songs to my Father in Heaven and thank Him and trust in Him and His perfect will for my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Your faith amazes me! I join in praying with you to our Almighty!! Thank you God for these two children and please help them to come home soon and safely! Amen

Anonymous said...

Juli,
How beautifully stated. I am so very proud of your faith and your decisions.
Just as I am proud and elated God picked you and Chuck to be Samuel and Noah's parents, I am honored that God chose me to be your mom.
All my love,
Mama

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that you are remained so positive in, what has to be, a very trying time for you. Sometimes one of the hardest things to do is to just trust that there is a bigger plan for us, that it is out of our control. Your faith inspires me!

Heather said...

That was beautiful Juli! Thanks for sharing such an awesome testimony of Faith.

Juli said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. The post started off as a request for prayer that we get Judgment soon, but I guess that was what was in my heart. It's a daily choice though, and I don't always choose right.
Juli