Saturday, June 23, 2007

Be Still, My Soul

Be still, my soul. Those are the words God gave me yesterday when I got quiet. I've gone back to checking my email constantly in hopes of adoption news. It's quite neurotic. When I wake up in the morning, if I don't think to check my email immediately I'm surprised at myself. As I prayed for our dossier to move yesterday morning those words came to me, and they are such a comfort from God.

I'm babysitting for a friend this week. I'll have her 2 year old son for 4 days and 4 nights. Since I have cribs, I went ahead and really organized the boys' room today so that I can put Sawyer into one of the cribs. This meant putting lots of things away as well as sorting through the clothes that are now too small for the boys. I hate that. Giving away clothes they never got to wear. Clothes that I looked at months ago and imagined my boys in. I never actually cried as I was in there cleaning, but I sure felt like it. At one point I stopped so that I could get a CD player and some worship music to lift my spirits. It did help. Thanks, Matthew West!

Oh, be still, my soul. As I wait I will repeat these words. They help me to know Who is in charge. It's been a bummer of a day, but God is still in charge. And tomorrow I will be far too busy with a two year old to dwell on the fact that my boys are still in Haiti.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Be still, my soul:
the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently
the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God
to order and provide;
In every change,
He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul:
thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways
leads to a joyful end.

JOYFUL END!! Let your heart soar in that promise!!! The wait is hard, but it will make their arrival even more precious. I am already celebrating that day.
God knows that those clothes were meant for someone else and they needed them more. That's why they were purchased.
New sales will be coming and now we can enjoy shopping for them. :)
All my love,
Mom