Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Plea for Prayer

It's hard to fathom the reality of what's going on in Haiti. In fact, when I initially heard the news, I was concerned but had no idea how grave it was.

Then the news started trickling in. Haiti has been front page news every day this week in Las Vegas. I went to the gym twice this week and watched CNN for long stretches. I began reading blogs of missionaries in Haiti who are on the ground there experiencing the horror. And it became more and more real.

But tonight I was broken by it all. Tonight I saw pictures taken from the orphanage Noah and Samuel lived at for 31 months of their lives. And I honestly feel like I can't quite breathe.

The wall surrounding the orphanage is down... which means that thieves and such have easy access to the supplies of the orphanage and the children. I've also read that the main prison had 4600 inmates escape. 3 years ago kidnappings were a daily occurence and many of those thugs were locked up. None of them are locked up anymore.

Reality has sunk in deep tonight. My heart is completely broken. I've not prayed without ceasing since I learned of the earthquake, but I believe I will now. Seeing pictures of kids I know with stuff under their noses to mask the smell of death... how do I reconcile that? Knowing that they are quickly running out of supplies... water, coal for cooking, medicine, food, iv fluids for a sick child. Lord, please help them!

I know I'm preaching to the choir. Most people who read this love Haiti as much as I do. But, I ask that you please, please, please pray for Haiti. And if you can give, do so generously. I'll be happy to recommend some reputable ministries in Haiti where your money will 100% go to helping those in need. Just leave me a comment or email me for info.

The number one request I've heard from people on the ground in Haiti is that we pray. And really, it's the least we can do.

Link to pictures: http://www.forhisgloryoutreach.org/earthquake_relief

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Juli,

God answers prayers!
Just got this email:
"We just received word this evening from Frankise that the orphanage has 30 UN soldiers issuing medical care to our sick babies! Praise the Lord! We have also received aid today from the Salvation Army and the Red Cross.

We have Pat and Tanya in the Dominican Republic. We are working to get Tanya, a physician, to the airport in Port-au-Prince to be there when the time for evacuation occurs so that she can be with our children. Please pray that we can do this.

Please pray for our staff, for Pierre and his family, Frankise, Kiki, and our birth families. Once our children are evacuated, For His Glory still exists, and we will then turn our focus, for the time being, to humanitarian aid, particularly to our staff, our birth families and our neighbors.

Announcements are forthcoming as to the next steps in getting our children evacuated and to the U.S.

If you are an adoptive family, this is what we need you to do:

1. If you are already with an agency, please contact your agency and provide all paperwork you have to them. If you are an independent family, CCAI will be willing to assist you in the completion of this process. We strongly urge to get under the umbrella of an agency. Please contact Judy at: (303) 850-9998 or info@haitiadoption.org. Please be getting all your paperwork scanned in so you can provide it to them.

2. Secondly, all adoptive parents will need to be approved as foster parents in accordance with the laws of your state. After you has been in contact with your placement agency, please check with your home study agency in your state to assist you with this.

Your agency will contact you with further details as they are announced.

To God Be the Glory,
Kim Harmon, President"

Thank you, Jesus!!