Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Noah's New Do

Silly boy!

Back view

Top view

He's glad it's done!

Between yesterday and today I spent about 8 hours twisting Noah's hair so that we can begin the process of locking his hair. We plan to do this with both boys. I plan to do Samue's hair this weekend.
We didn't think much about hair before the boys came home because, well, they're boys! We just figured we'd keep it short. It was kept very short the entire time they were in the orphanage. The problem with keeping it short is that 1) they HATE to have their hair cut and 2) they look so much older with short hair. I personally think Noah looks younger with his twists.
After reading the Party of Five blog for 3 or so years, I felt like we could lock the boys' hair ourselves. Heather talks about the importance in doing her boys' hair and I couldn't agree more. I have nothing against taking kids to have their hair done, but I do think it will really mean something to them one day when they realize their white mommy took the time to learn to do their hair. With that said, I'm not entirely sure I knew what I was doing, but I did research techniques and products and watched some videos and then gave it a shot. I honestly hope that I don't have to redo Noah's hair because it was a lot of time and energy and the poor guy has a really tender head. He hates to have his hair combed, so he is thrilled that we won't be coming it anymore. He was horrified to learn we have to retwist it, though. Poor thing.

4 comments:

kayder1996 said...

That's the trade off...no more combing/brushing...

CO said...

I MISS YOUR FAMILY. I am going to lay in the floor and whine and cry.

Anonymous said...

He looks adorable!
I miss you all so much.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

So cute!!