Monday, November 03, 2008

Random Cason Stuff

It's been a while since I've posted and my followers (umm, that would be my mom) are demanding a post.

So, what's been happening around here? Well, for starters, the twins are repeating just about everything we say and then busting out with it days later. Just this morning I heard Samuel saying, "What's up big guy?" They both also like to say, "Come on." With a hint of impatience in their voices (just like we say it when trying to get them to eat...). At the moment, Samuel is dancing wildly to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song. He especially loves the Hotdog song at the end of the episode.

Samuel still has Giardia. We are about halfway through the second round of medication. His diapers are horrible. Chuck and I have decided that Giardia has it's own unique smell. Ugh.

We saw the pediatric orthopedic surgeon for Samuel's legs on Friday. I went into that appointment expecting leg braces. However, about two weeks ago it struck me that I could pray for God to heal his legs (yeah, I'm a little slow lately...). I really think God is healing them. They aren't as bad as they were when he came home. They are still quite noticebly bowed, but they aren't what they were 8 weeks ago. And the wonderful news is that the surgeon doesn't want to do anything. He just wants to see him in another 6-8 months. God is good!

Both boys have had a cold the last few weeks. Both have had runny noses, but Samuel has had a nasty cough. Wednesday Chuck took him to the Dr. The Dr just recommended children's Mucinex. Samuel was not excited to see the Dr. Chuck said he screamed and screamed, especially through the examination. Then, as the Dr was leaving the room, Chuck told Samuel to say bye bye to the Dr. Chuck said that Samuel turned off the tears like a switch and happily yelled, "Bye bye!" Funny kid.

Tristan has found his hands. He's known about them for a few weeks, but over the last week he has discovered the joy of chewing on them. He puts his whole fist in his mouth. When he was younger he would do this when hungry, but now he does it right after feedings so I know it's not because he's hungry. Could he be teething? I don't know. He doesn't seem fussy. He just really seems to enjoy munching on his hands.

On Friday we went to the Children's Museum, which is super close to where we live. We joined because we figure we'll go a lot. The place was pretty much empty, probably because it was Halloween. I'm not sure who had more fun - Chuck or Noah and Samuel. We all had a great time, even Tristan. He cruised around in the Baby Bjorn facing out for the first time and seemed to love it.

I haven't forgotten the promised Creole post. I just need to sit down and think about it before I write it.

That's all for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, oh my, I just loved reading about my grandbabies. You made my day. :)
I can't wait to see them when I invite myself to your home for Christmas.
Your little family is so precious and cute that I walk around with a big smile whenever I think of them.

Never know being a grandma could be so good!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I hadn't thought about the hotdog song in a while! It ALWAYS gets stuck in my head for DAYS when I hear it! Do they watch Little Einstiens too? Those songs also get stuck in my head but at least they are different in each episode,you might want to check it out if you have not already!

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going well. asher is hand munching too...