Sunday, November 09, 2008

Bon Fet, Noah and Samuel!!


Glued to the cars movie!

Getting ready for some cake.


Our sweet boys turned three today! I don't think they really knew what a birthday was, but we showed them!
'
We didn't do much until dinner time. After they had their favorite - chicken nuggets - we opened presents and had cake. Noah, in regular fashion, did not like the cake. He wouldn't eat it. Samuel loved it!
'
One of our gifts to the boys was the movie, "Cars." Samuel is a fanatic about cars and Noah likes them, too. Samuel was glued to the TV once we put the movie on. We also got them a kiddie Cars sofa to share and they love it.
'
Today really made me reflect over the last three years. Exactly three years ago today I had a realization that our adopted child (yeah, we thought we were adopting one...) was still in the womb. I ended up praying for the boys as they were being born. What a gift! Two years ago I was in Haiti, lucky enough to get to spend their first birthday with them. Last year Chuck and I quietly celebrated their birthday, thinking they'd be home soon. I'm so very grateful that they are home to celebrate their 3rd birthday - and all the ones to follow! It was pure joy doing things and giving gifts that made their little faces light up.

11 comments:

Jodie said...

Happy Birthday, boys!!!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh Juli! I just followed the link from your comment on our blog... to find your blog... WOW! Twins boys just home from Haiti and an infant bio child!!! #1) OMG girlfriend you have a lot on your hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #2) OMG a family that 'looks' like ours?!?!!!! Wow! We need to be in touch!!! email me: hbj2@lehigh.edu

Heather

TJ said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Boys!
I'm so full of joy that another monumental date doesn't go by without you all together!

Love to all,
Terri

Juli said...

Hey Terri, yes - finally no more separated celebrations! Can't wait for a day at the park with you!!

Anonymous said...

This is such an awesome post! It was so exciting to meet the twins last night...they have captured another heart!

Nicole

Kathy Cassel said...

Happy birthday. I can't believe they are already three!

Anonymous said...

Birthday pics up....same day?!?!?!? I'm impressed. Those lil couch pics are just too darn cute. I'm glad they had a good day....and am sooo thankful that you all got to spend it together.

Christi

Anonymous said...

I just made the one pic big of them where you can see the front of them watching the movie. I noticed that they each have handfuls of cars and awwwwwwwwed really loud. They are sooo cute. You are sooo blessed to have such sweet little boys. They are beyond precious. That's my new favorite pic of them.

Christi

Anonymous said...

I just looked closely at the picture of the boys and the cake together and Sabrina's eyes are glowing a little too bright.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad they are home to celebrate this time!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Boys!!!!!!!