Friday, November 14, 2008

"Pou Machin"

We have a definite bedtime routine for the twins. Part of that routine is praying. Since they are three and we have a language barrier, we keep it really simple. We thank God for each member of our family and for Jesus. We started out doing it in Creole, but we (Chuck and I) pray in English now. In the past 2-3 weeks we'll start out the prayer and pause and let the boys chime in. Noah, without fail, always thanks God for himself. Repeatedly. Tonight he started us off by thanking God for himself, and then Tristan. I was thrilled that he was "getting it." Then Samuel chimed in and thanked God for Tristan and Mommy and then "pou machin." Pou means for and machin means car. Yes, he thanked God for cars. That boy loves his cars!

Chuck and I had to work SO hard not to bust out laughing.

The cool thing is that I think he understands that we thank God for the things dear to us. Cars are very dear to Samuel. He is infatuated with them.

These guys never cease to amaze me. And they keep us laughing, too!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Too cute!! I love reading about their new experiences.

Anonymous said...

This is the best post! It gives me such a joy and a tickle. :)
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

So cute.

Christi

Anonymous said...

That is ADORABLE.