Saturday, November 22, 2008

"Eber?"


Tucking the boys into bed at night is a special time here at our house. We have a definite routine that we follow. Part of that routine involves telling the boys that "you are my little boy forever." Since the start Noah will repeat, "eber?" I assumed he was just repeating the last word he heard, which is common for kids his age. Because he says it with a questioning tone, Chuck assumed he was questioning if he was saying it right. He certainly didn't know what we were saying in the beginning, and I question if he understands the meaning still.

Well, in the last few weeks, as soon as I begin to tuck him in, he starts saying, "Eber?" He says it happily, sometimes giggling. But deep down, I know his little heart needs to know - even though I'm not even sure he knows what it all means. So I kiss him repeatedly and tell him, "Forever and ever and ever!"

Yes, buddy, foreber. You're my little boy foreber.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And he is my grasndbaby foreber and eber too.

Love,
Mom

TJ said...

Aaaagh, Juli, you got me when I least expected it - now Mike's whole family is gonna think I'm an emotional goofball.....

kayder1996 said...

Ahh, the sweetness of it all...

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww, I teared up and everything. I love that story.


Christi