Wednesday, October 29, 2008

True Colors

Well, For His Glory Outreach has shown me some of their true colors, yet again.

I logged onto my Yahoo Groups this morning to find that I'm no longer a member of the For His Glory group. I did not remove myself as a member and was given no indication by the moderator that I would be removed.

The case could be made that I don't post on that group or that my kids are home. But, the truth is, plenty of the members have their kids home and plenty of them don't post.

Last year Chuck and I were one of the families that signed a petition asking very pointed questions. We also had some of our own personal concerns about the leadership, which we addressed directly with the Board of Directors. And then we waited another year before our kids came home - interesting, huh?

In my opinion, and this is only my opinion, I was removed from that group simply because I have questioned them in the past. I guess that it doesn't matter to them that I have a true concern for the kids in the orphanage and for the families still waiting to bring their kids home. So, if you are a family still waiting and you read this blog, please share with me when your kids come home. I pray for you and I'd love to know that those prayers have been answered.

I don't want to be vague, so I will plainly say that if you are looking for an orphanage in Haiti to adopt through, I do not recommend For His Glory Outreach, which works with Maison des Enfants de Dieu. If you are working with an agency, some agencies work with Maison as well. Our experience turned sour once we started asking questions. Now, I know some of you who are still waiting don't agree with our feelings for FHG. However, we did not have a good experience and that is the truth. I would suggest that until you walk a mile (for over two and a half years) in our shoes that you not be too quick to comment on what I've posted.

Some will say that by posting this I'm showing a lack of concern for the kids in the orphanage. That is not true. I care deeply for those kids. I visited with them 5 times. I got to know the kids. I know some of the kids still waiting for families. However, I cannot recommend FHG based on the experience we've had. Things need to change before I could make that recommendation. It would be unfair to a family new to Haitian adoption for me to say all was rosy with our adoption. It was not. It got very ugly at times. Very ugly. It's not my intention to share publicly the details, unless led by the Lord to do so.

That's all I have to say about that.