Sunday, August 17, 2008

Random Thoughts This Morning

It's hard to get my thoughts gathered right now, so I'll just bullet list some things swimming in my head right now.
  • I am LOVING being a mommy to this little guy.
  • I was so looking forward to delivering Tristan so that I could get some mobility back. Um, that's not happening so far. C-sections make minor movements a challenge.
  • I'm getting better just about every hour it seems.
  • When I can do it without sobbing, I will blog about my birth experience.
  • Sobbing makes might belly hurt bad. So does coughing.
  • Percocet is my friend. So are vicodin and toradol, but percocet is my best c-section friend.
  • The little pillow they gave me is also a good friend.
  • Tristan is doing a great job with breastfeeding.
  • Chuck is an awesome daddy. The nursery nurses couldn't get over how over the moon he was to be a daddy to this little one.
  • Tristan is known as the loudest baby in the nursery - possibly ever. He's got good lungs and knows how to use them, however he isn't a "fussy" baby; just knows what he wants and doesn't like.
  • Chuck was wonderful last night. He let me sleep for 2 1/2 straight hours when Tristan decided it was awake time after his 3 a.m. feeding.
  • 2 1/2 hours is a long time to sleep. I never thought I'd say that. It was actually refreshing.

That's all for know. I'll share more as more happens and as my thoughts become more cohesive. Thank you, all, for you encouraging comments, love, and prayers over the last little while. It has meant so much to be so loved by you all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...He is finally here. Congrats guys. You must be so overwhelmed with joy. God is so good. I wish I lived closer to hold that beautiful little man.
Slackers??? What are you talking about. Pictures with in a few days of having Tristin?? No, you are awesome.
Love and miss you guys. KT from Iowa.

Anonymous said...

Awww.... laughing hurts too!!! Brian is always making me laugh... and after the C I kept yelling at him because he would make me laugh and then I would cry in pain. I am 11 days out now and can officially laugh or cry without pain.... oh and cough too.

I cried everyday after the birth...don't worry, you are not a freak. I cried one day because I couldn't find anything good on TV!!!!

So glad he is nursing well!!!

I wish I could squeeze him... and you. You are so brave and amazing to go through all of that labor and a c-section.

I am here if you need me.

Oh and Chuck sounds like Brian....Fatherhood is Brian's greatest joy... and it makes me love him even more!

Anonymous said...

Oh I second the pills. Take as many as they will give you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well! It still find it amazing that we are all grown up, I swear it seems like yesterday that we were having picnics with our cabbage patch kids and riding our bikes to the library! I am so happy for you, a new baby and two toddlers is going to be so much fun!

Natalie said...

Personally, I heart toradol. This may sound kind of hokey, but one of my nurses filled a tube sock with rice and put it in the microwave and I would hold it on my belly. It realy helped...you know, when the pain pills start to wear off and they make you wait for the next ones!

I am sure Chuck will be in awe for quite some time. Eva is still in our bed and every night Michael and I watch her sleep and talk about how amazing she is...for a helpless babe and all. :)

When do you get to go home?

Terry said...

When I read this I was confused! I had to go back and read the rest of the story, hehe. Congrats to all of you. You're going to be one busy momma :-) Terry

Anonymous said...

I am so excited. I haven't checked your blog in days and look at you! You had a baby! I am so excited for you. I had 3 c-sections, so I understand who your friends are. God gave you all of your boys in the same week. You are indeed blessed.

Sharon Liddle