Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Last Ones!


I can't tell you how happy I am that these pictures are the LAST monthly photo updates we will get of the boys. Tuesday morning they will be in our arms for good. I can't seem to wrap my mind around that. Wow.
`
Samuel is on the top and Noah is on the bottom. I have been so worried about Samuel, and I'm glad he looks somewhat happy in this photo.
`
Tomorrow we will get everything organized and packed for the trip. It is a little tricky since we are traveling with Tristan, too. We leave at 8 a.m. Monday morning and we'll spend all of Monday and Monday night in Miami. Then, first thing Tuesday morning, Chuck and I fly into Haiti while Terri and Tristan hang out in Miami.
`
I ask for your prayers as we travel. We've never traveled with a newborn before, or toddlers for that matter. Please pray that all of us are prepared mentally, physically, and emotionally for this trip. Please pray especially for Noah and Samuel - for peace and comfort. I can't even begin to imagine what will go through their little heads.
`
I feel amazingly calm (or is it exhaustion??) as we approach this trip. I am just in awe of God's timing in all of this and His perfect provision. When the doctor called the c-section I was so upset because I knew it would change so many things regarding our travel to Haiti and my ability to physically pick the boys up. I didn't even think about how the blessings could pour over us in this situation. So many friends have just rallied around us over the last few weeks. We have not had to cook a meal in quite some time and we have a freezer full of more meals. We have had so many offers of help extended our way (and don't worry - we will take you all up on them at some point!). There have been so many gifts for all three boys. We are so thankful for our friend, Terri, who is coming with us to care for Tristan. She is just an amazing person and we are honored to have her as a friend. If I've learned anything in the last few weeks, it's that God will take care of everything.
`
I want to end this post with my most sincere thanks to so many people. Thank you to everyone who have left us comments in the last few weeks. Your excitement and encouragement mean so much to us. I thank all the people who have cooked us meals and brought us gifts. I thank all the seasoned moms who have talked to me about mom stuff. I thank Chuck for being such an awesome and involved Daddy and a wonderful husband. I thank God for loving us so much and touching our lives so beautifully through so many people. I am humbled.

5 comments:

Rose Anne said...

Juli,
I just love the Last Pic part of this journey...
Praying for safe travels for all of you.
I took a sippy cup for when the plane went up and down, I don't know if you can do that anymore.. maybe some small suckers to help with the change in pressure...
God Bless,
Rose Anne

Kathy Cassel said...

Safe journey. I am so excited for you.

We flew to Okinawa by way of Tokyo when Jessica was 8 weeks old and Ty 15 mo (had to get off the first flight because Ty split his head open and we had to get it stapled!). It was like 12 hours but Jessica slept most of it. I think T. will do fine.

Can't wait to see those first pictures of you all at home together.

Anonymous said...

Thsoe pictures are just adorable. It must make you even more excited to hold those baby boys. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such cute lil guys they are.....
Come Tuesday your house is going to be darn full!

Make room for auntie and grammy!! lol!!!
12 days and we're there!!

Christi

Dana said...

I can hardly believe the boys will be here in less than 48 hours.

I can't imagine how excited you and Chuck must be.

Looking forward to meeting the boys.

Much love,
Dana