Monday, August 04, 2008

Monday Update

I just spoke with someone in Haiti and we discussed a date for the visa appointment.

She is going to email me to confirm it, so I'm not going to jump up and down until I have that email, but folks - this could be it!!

Please join me in praying for that email confirmation.

God is good!

Late Update:
Well, it's after business hours in Haiti and I haven't received an email. Yes, I'm bummed, but not surprised. Adoption is a spiritual battle no doubt. I will keep my eyes focused on Jesus and look forward to what tomorrow brings. I will, of course, call Haiti by midday if I haven't received the email. Please keep praying. God hears us.

Update:
Well, it's three hours later and I haven't received the email. I'm still hopeful, though. Please continue praying with us that this appointment gets scheduled.

I forgot to mention earlier how the phone call took place. I was actually calling the Embassy to try to learn what time I'm allowed to call. They ended up putting me through to the right department. I couldn't believe it. I was really just trying to learn when I could call. When I hung up the phone I was just shocked that I had actually spoken to the person I needed to speak to and she was so very helpful.

I'll of course update when I get the email. Notice I said when, not if!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo hooo hooo hoooooooooo!

In tears of joy,
Terri

Terry said...

Joining you in prayer!

Chapter Two said...

Oh Yeah!!! You are so close now. I'm so happy to hear you got through. I've been praying.

Kathy Cassel said...

Wow. This is so much suspense. I'd rather just have them call and say "Your kids are ready, when can you be here?"

Natalie said...

I'm on the edge of my seat!!!

Sherry said...

The suspense is killing us! hahahaha!!!! Hope you get that email soon!!!!!

Sherry

Terry said...

I'm actually irritated for you...But it's comin soon! soooo close now! Terry

kayder1996 said...

Praying that you will hear something soon.
Kayla

Jodie said...

Praying you'll wake up to that e-mail!