Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Odds and Ends

When I start getting emails asking if I'm okay, I know it's been too long since I last blogged.

Sorry about that, I've just been super busy. We have a lot going on, so I'll share some of it.

I got home from Florida Tuesday afternoon of last week. I left nice sunny weather in Florida and came home to yucky, misty, weather here in Virginia. Things finally cleared up on Friday and we had a nice weekend.

Chuck's parents came out just before I went to Florida and...BOUGHT A HOUSE! They currently live in California, but have decided to move out here. So, in less than a month they will be living 15 minutes away. We are excited to have some family nearby and especially excited that our boys will have grandparents close by. If you think to, please keep them, Ron and Suzy, in your prayers. Relocating is a big deal (in case you've never done that) and so is buying a house.

We planted a garden! On Friday Chuck rented a tiller and he tilled an area of our back yard. Saturday morning I raked all the grass out of the area. On Sunday after church we added some fertilizer to our soil and I planted tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. I tend to have a black thumb with indoor plants, so we will see what happens with the garden. I have a really funny story already. On Sunday after everything was planted, I went to spray some Miracle Grow garden stuff. I bought the sprayer, which had a container attached that already had one refill of the stuff in it. So, I hooked it up to the hose and started spraying. After spraying the garden, there was a lot of the stuff left so we sprayed some trees and flowering bushes. Yet still, there was a lot of stuff left. Finally I decided I would just save it (even though you're not supposed to). Well, when I went to remove the container from the sprayer I found that it had a plastic seal on it still. So none of the plants got any garden food! Yesterday I actually fed them the stuff. If that's any indication of the kind of gardener I am, those poor plants won't last long!

We got update photos of the boys yesterday, so I'll post those separately. I also have a post brewing in my head that has a lot to do with what the sermon was about in church on Sunday. It was titled "I Don't Like (Most) Christians." Once I can get those thoughts together I will post.

No comments: