Wednesday, April 16, 2008

April Photos

Samuel is on the left and Noah is on the right. They are getting so big. They were so tiny when we first committed to them, and when we met them at 8 months old they were so small. Now look at them. I suppose they will be taller than me in just a few years...

If you'd like to pray for our adoption process, please join me in praying that our file moves quickly through MOI. There's something like 4 steps within MOI that the files have to go through. Please pray that there are no errors in our files, as they can create serious delays.

Also, in case you don't pay attention to world news, there were riots in Haiti last week over rising food (and gasoline) costs. Things were quite dangerous right around the orphanage, which is in the Delmas section of Port au Prince. The Prime Minister of Haiti was fired over the weekend, and that has calmed the people as they see his removal as forward movement toward getting food prices down. The truth is, food prices are rising considerably all over the world. I'm not sure how much can be done in Haiti to bring prices down. I'm just praying that God would keep things calm and that the people would somehow be able to get enough to eat. I think of our boys' birth father and his children. I pray that their needs are being met.

7 comments:

Renee said...

Adorable as always!!!
Love you!
Renee

Anonymous said...

I am praying, praying, praying! Can't believe I have been fasting from coffee since last July, I believe! Gee, I long for the boys to come home. They look so adorable. My heart is with you and Chuck, and also in Haiti until my grandbabies are safely home.
Love,
Mom

Kathy Cassel said...

They are such handsome little guys. They are surely growing up too quickly without you. I think al these steps are a little much. I think if ibesr approves you, you should jump right to the actual adoption, passport and visa. Let's skip all the other junk.

Stephanie said...

They are precious! We are just beginning our own adoption of two boys from Haiti. I pray your process speeds to completion so they will be in your arms very soon! GOD bless.

Anonymous said...

HANDSOME!! I am praying here, always.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see them in person!
Love,
Terri

Sarah said...

We are adopting two little boys from Haiti as well, and have been in MOI since March 17th. Your family has had quite the wait! We'll join you in our prayers for a FAST and problem-free stay in MOI for all of us.

God bless you and those boys on this journey-
Sarah C.