Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, My Love

Today is Chuck's birthday, so in honor of him here's a list of what I love about him:
  • I love how you love me. It is the closest thing to unconditional love that I know.
  • I love your confidence in yourself - it's not cocky - you are just sure of who you are and who you are not.
  • I love the way you love people. It is sincere and full of concern. It is authentic and asks the hard questions.
  • I love how you stand up for what is right. Even when it's hard and most people would back down.
  • I love how you have jumped right into fatherhood. From the moment Tristan was born you've been wholeheartedly involved in his little life. You loved Noah and Samuel from afar. You anguished over them as the months turned into years of waiting. And seeing you in action with them makes my heart swell with pride that you are my husband and their daddy.
  • I love how you are willing to try new things - even if you don't know what you are doing.
  • I love the way you love life.
  • I love your excitement in all things. This world has tried, but it has not succeeded in jading you yet.
  • I love how you suck it up all the time when you are in immense pain and rarely show how much your back (and knees and ankles!) hurt. You don't let it stop you from doing the things you love and playing with our kids. You are so strong.
  • I love your servant heart. I wish I was more like you.
  • I love that you know how to relax and that you know when you need to.
  • I love how you are able to read people and meet their needs.
  • I love your longing and love to know God more.
  • I love your desire to share Him with lost people.

Simply put, I love you more than simple words can say. You are incredible.

Love, Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a precious list.

Happy Belated Birthday!