Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sink Into Me

At my church we have the privilege of having a very talented worship pastor on staff. Joe Heilman leads our campus in worship most Sundays with his own music. So many of his songs have ministered to me right where I'm at. Sunday was no different. Joe wrote a new song and I want to share the lyrics with you:

Sink Into Me
Mountainside see you glorifed
Glowing on my face
But it never lasts it's going fast
Gotta come again today

Sink into me your sweet indian summer
Sink into me a love like no other
Sink into me yesterday is slowly fading
Sink into me, sink into me

In the morning mirror it's coming clearer
I'm not ok
These tired eyes emptied of surprise
Gotta make my gettaway

Sink into me your sweet indian summer
Sink into me a love like no other
Sink into me yesterday is slowly fading
Sink into me, sink into me

Love tattoo my eyes so I only match them with you
Love tattoo my eyes so I only match them with you, so I only match them with you

Sink into me your sweet indian summer
Sink into me a love like no other
Sink into me yesterday is slowly fading
Sink into me, sink into me

Sink into me your sweet indian summer
Sink into me a love like no other
Sink into me yesterday is slowly fading
Sink into me, sink into me

To me, these are such beautiful lyrics that totally describe why I need to sit before God's throne each morning. I need God to sink into me. I need it daily. The glow wears off quickly. I want to see the world through love tattooed eyes.

But I struggle with this. I get wrapped up in chores around the house, email, phone calls, and a number of other excuses. And that's all they are - excuses. Each morning I have a choice and I can selfishly start my day with a number of tasks that make me feel good in accomplishing them OR I can humbly come before the Lord so that He can sink into me.

So now, even though I've looked at email and blogs already, I'm going to stop and ask God to sink into me. Later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missing you in NOLA! Still praying hard!
Love,
Terri

Juli said...

Terri! I've thought of you guys and prayed for you lots. I hope you're busting your butts down there!! And sleeping better than last time. Love ya, Juli

junglemama said...

What a beautiful song! Thanks for sharing it.