Monday, April 02, 2007

Holy Week

In Haiti they really know how to celebrate the holidays - they close down! This week is Holy Week in Haiti. The office where our paperwork is at will be closed all week.

I was so very sure that we would get news last week, but we didn't. So yes, once again my heart got stomped on. Many families from our orphanage did get news - 16 files were released from the Prosecutor's Office. I'm very happy to see such movement out of that office and so excited for those families! I'm also quite bummed that we weren't part of it. But, God has a plan in this. It's all in His time.

Some ladies from our church threw me a babies shower on Saturday. It was so much fun. We were so blessed with so many needed items. Sunday morning I experienced a condition that I will call "present hangover." I guess all that unwrapping on Saturday was too much for me!

Chuck was sick on Saturday and today I am sick. Between seasonal allergies and the flu today I've been not so great lately. Hopefully tomorrow the Claritin will have kicked in and the flu will be gone. I'd like to get out and go a few places tomorrow. Plus we have gift cards with which we have a few final items we need to get for the boys.

My final thought for this post is 55 DAYS until we are in Haiti with the boys. This is the last year the Easter Bunny won't be coming to our house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seem to forget there was great and exciting news in April...At least for Eric and I...The birth of our son, and your First Nephew in the family...Jacob born on April 1st.

I guess Aunty Chrissy will be his favorite. LOL!

Oh, and where was Dad's Happy Birthday? LOL! You're in trouble...haha!