Saturday, April 14, 2007

Answered Prayer!!

Chuck and I arrived home about an hour ago and I found an answer to prayer in our mail. We got a letter from the Department of Homeland Security giving us a date to come in and be re-fingerprinted. We made our request to be re-fingerprinted much earlier than we should have due to the timing of our trip to Haiti. Thankfully, DHS had grace with us and we will be re-fingerprinted on May 24th. Thanks for your prayers!

While I'm so thankful to share this, I wish I was sharing that our files were signed out of the Prosecutor's office. Please keep praying for that. It doesn't look like there was any movement there this week.

Today I've been plagued with thoughts about all the things that could go wrong with our adoption (biggest fear is that it will fail). I don't like to ask for prayer for myself, but I need it. I want to give those thoughts to God because I can't handle them. Being away this week really helped keep my mind off the adoption. But, as soon as I was on the plane my mind centered on the adoption again.

Our flight home tonight arrived at 11:05 p.m. and a family that we know through an adoption ministry group was welcoming their son home tonight. So, we got some Starbucks (That would be why I'm still wide awake at 2:30 a.m. Gotta love the Carmel Frappacino!) and waited for Janie and Nian to arrive. They got in at about 12:30 a.m. Nian is their 4th child, and 2nd child from China. It was so much fun to see him playing with the Welcome Home helium balloons. I dream about that day for us.

Well, that's all for now. I'm going to try to go to sleep!! It's only 43 days until Haiti!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to get in early! As always, your family is in my thoughts and prayers.