Saturday, April 21, 2007

Reality Check


I pulled this photo off of the blog of a nurse in Haiti. My thoat has a lump in it and I'm hard pressed for words. These are twin baby girls who both way just over 3 lbs. They weren't just born; they're belly buttons are completely healed.

In case you wonder how serious the poverty is in Haiti, here's a real look at it. This is real. Real babies that are literally starving to death.

When our boys' mother passed away, they thankfully made it to an orphanage that could provide formula for them. I don't know the story of these girls, but they are someone's children.

God, please help these little ones tonight. Please get them the care and love that they need. Please keep my heart broken and my hands open. Please never let me forget the picture of these little ones. Amen.

No comments: