Thursday, February 25, 2010

Moving!

Today is an exciting day for us because we are picking up keys to our new house. I guess I'm a dork because I am SOOOOO looking forward to cleaning this afternoon. We've been staying with our friends for nearly 9 weeks now... we are so grateful that we have friends who'd host our crazy bunch for over 2 months. I will blog about them another day because they are some awesome peeps... especially their two kids.

So, the plan is that I clean this afternoon and begin moving items from our smaller storage unit that consists of mostly stuff that was packed in our van (all the last minute stuff). We will continue moving stuff tomorrow and on Saturday morning we will empty our huge storage unit with the help of some new friends and a 26 foot U-haul truck. Then I will begin unpacking at a frenzied pace so that we can get the house in some sort of order before moving our kids into it.

While these past 9 weeks have been a stretch for us, I can't help but think of the people of Haiti. Before the earthquake their living conditions were far less than I've ever experienced. And now the majority of the population is living in makeshift tents. That has really helped me keep things in perspective as we've shared space with our friends. Even during a rough patch in my life, I'm still so very blessed and have so much more than most of the world. I hope I never forget that.

2 comments:

Miss Co said...

I am so excited for you! Wish I was there to help you clean and unpack and help with the kids. My face misses your face.

TJ said...

Miss you - Glad you all are getting settled in your own place!

Love,
Terri