Thursday, December 17, 2009

We Made It!

This post is coming to you live from Las Vegas, my new home.

Gosh that sounds weird. The whole thing is just weird.

Anyway, just wanted to record how things went today, mostly so that God can get the glory and so that my pessimistic self will have to read about today and how well it all went.

First of all, me and all three kids slept in until nearly 8. EIGHT. That never happens. Tristan was up in the middle of the night coughing and ended up in bed with me, but I still got sleep. Awesome.

We've been staying with a wonderful friend, Dana, since Sunday night. I can't tell you how grateful I am for her. She is God sent and God really has used her to take care of us in so many ways lately. We love her like family. Dana's sister in law, Amy, loaded us all up and our crazy luggage into her Suburban and took us to the airport this morning. She also lent us a portable DVD player since we had over 6 hours in the air between the two flights.

The guy who helped us get our luggage from the curb all the way through getting checked in was phenominal. He stayed with us in line and helped us get our luggage tagged, weighed, etc. He even helped me pull items out of one slightly overweight suitcase.

We made it through security with no problems whatsoever. The boys did great. I highly recommend putting your kids in sandals to get through security. We put our shoes and socks on while waiting to board the plane.

Now, our plane was 35 minutes late, but it gave me the opportunity to feed the kids lunch. We just had a little picnic of pb&j's while waiting to board.

We ended up further back in both planes than we wanted to be. It was suggested we sit toward the front since the front flight attendant has less people to take care of (on Southwest, that is). We had no problems sitting further back, though. Noah and Samuel colored and Tristan took a little nap. He did some crying, but since he's not feeling well he has lost the high pitch noises he makes. That to me is totally God using bad for good. Yes, it sucks that Tristan doesn't feel well, but God used it to save many a person's eardrums and dirty looks directed my way.

On the second flight the boys watched Peter Pan. Then I had them rest for a while. I knew we were going to be up way past bedtime, so I tried to get them to nap (with the help of Benedryl). Noah totally zonked out for well over an hour. Samuel sat quietly. He doesn't really nap anymore, but at least he rested quietly. I finally felt bad enough for him that I put on Peter Pan again since it was out.

Noah woke up crying... he usually does when he wakes up on a trip and he's strapped in. I got him settled down and then the boys watched Cars until we had to turn the DVD player off.

I'm just so proud of Noah and Samuel. They were nearly perfect today (though completely bouncing off the walls in the airports, but they were excited). Their favorite show right now is Dinosaur Train on PBS. We rode on a shuttle to the hotel and it was very reminiscent of the train on that show. They were more excited to be chilling in the front seats on the shuttle than anything else all day.

We are settled into the hotel now. Dana helped us get in and then hung out for a little while. All three kids went down without a fuss.

I honestly couldn't have asked for a better trip. THANK YOU, GOD!!

Oh, and I didn't take a single picture. Things went well, but I was very busy the whole time :)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I miss you.

TJ said...

Miss you already, too!
Terri

Anonymous said...

I am so very thankful. Prayers answered!
Love,
Mom